Bangalore Orthopaedic Society BOS
The History of Orthopaedics in Bangalore dates back to 1956, when Dr. H K Srinivas Murthy established the Department of Orthopaedics in Victoria Hospital attached to Bangalore Medical College. Later by 1960-64, others joined as lecturers after post graduate qualification mostly from AIIMS, New Delhi and K.G. Medical College Lucknow. By 1980 a few private Orthopaedic surgeons opened their practices and were practicing Orthopaedic surgery in various hospitals, like St. Marthas, St. Philomina Hospital.