Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
- Oberkochen comprises all functions of the Microsurgery strategic business unit which include product and business management, research and development, operations, sales, service and marketing.
- The teams are specialized in surgical microscopes and visualization solutions, e.g. for ophthalmology, neurosurgery, dental and gyn applications as well as ear, nose and throat surgery.
- These microscopes are used in the operating room to support e.g. the removal of tumors, the treatment of vascular diseases as well as spine and eye surgery.
- The development and production of phaco systems in Oberkochen completes the offering of ZEISS in the field of cataract surgery.
- The technology of a new field of business for intraoperative radiotherapy is also developed, produced and managed worldwide from Oberkochen.