Pro Urba Museum in Orbe - Musee d'Orbe
The Pro Urba Museum in Orbe, Switzerland, the site of the worlds first orthopaedic institute under the direction of Jean-Andre Venel.
Founding members of the Association Pro Urba, founded in 1925
Georges Magnin (voyer),
Louis Decollogny (President),
Samuel Walter Poget and
At the beginning of the 20th century, a group of Urbigènes passionate about the history of their city founded the Association of the old Orbe.
Since its beginnings, this association has worked to defend and highlight the historical heritage of Orbe and its region.
Two main axes guided their work: the development of the Roman Mosaics of the site of Boscéaz, known since 1848, and the sensitizing of the urban public to the history of its city, through the exploitation of a museum and several publications.
In 1995, it was decided to reorganize the Old Orbe Association.
It was therefore split into two entities, which always pursue the aims of their founders.
The Pro Urba Foundation is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Mosaic site.
It carries out work of development, fund research and promotion of the site in partnership with the municipality of Orbe and the State of Vaud.
The Board of Trustees is chaired by Mr. Yves Dubois.
The Foundation also runs the Orbe Museum and is responsible for safeguarding the collections.