Zygofix - Trendlines Group
Zygofix is developing the ZLock, a miniature implant that achieves spinal fusion and spinal stability without using screws. Its novel implant is inserted between the spine’s facet joints to create fusion and spinal stability.
By inserting Zlock in the facet joints, the surgeon utilizes the natural construction of the vertebrae to provide spinal stability, and thereby eliminates the need to insert pedicle screws.
Due to its unique design and placement, ZLock provides numerous advantages:
- Lack of screws reduces procedure complexity
- Percutaneous, minimally invasive approach can be performed in an outpatient setting
- 2 incisions (one incision on each side of the spine) lead to a less traumatic procedure
- Efficient bone growth and fusion (implant has porous texture)
- Flexible design fits most any anatomy
ZLock can be used as a stand-alone fusion device or as a stabilization adjunct to other fusion procedures.